Part 1: What you need to know BEFORE you prospect anyone.
- Consider this a long-term career- You have to think about Network Marketing as an actual career. It is not a get rich quick or a lottery ticket; it is a profession.
- You are NOT easily persuaded by the opinions of others.
- Embrace a daily routine
Part 2: How to Start with your Prospecting!
-You are going to have to get alot of No’s. You will have to get used to rejection.
-You don’t make money getting ready to get ready. You have to be willing to get out there and imperfectly move forward.
-Are your circle of friends business people? Does your warm market come to you for business advice? Tell them, “Hey, I’m doing this thing, I think it my be a fit for you, check it out.”
-If so, you are going to have an easy road to recruiting because they will listen to anything you say. However this is not duplicatable because most people don’t have those type of connections.
-At some point, you will get team members, who do not have those types of connections. If you are limited to teaching your recruits warm market, you are going to take people who could have had success and they will quit.
-If you have been in other companies, do not give warm market the money message. They won’t listen, they are burnt out. Say, “I know you have 0 interest in the business, but I think you might like the product.”
- There will always be more cold market than warm market. Always more people that you don’t know than you do know.
- Even if you have an amazing warm market, you are going to recruit people who don’t have a great warm market. If you are limited to teaching your recruits warm market, you are going to take people who could have had success and they will quit.
- Cold Market does not know your history.
Ray Higdon’s favorite line for cold market: “Hey, I got to jump on this conference call, but I’m just curious would you be open to a side project if it didn’t interfere with what you are doing?” Never say “Are you interested?”
-Prospect will ask “What is it?” Say, I’d be more than happy to let you know what it is, but unfortunately I have this conference call (you have to go do something). But let me get your information and I’ll follow up with you to see if this is a fit for you or not.
-If prospect says, “What is it? I won’t give you my number unless I know what it is.” You will say, “I got to jump on this conference call, if you don’t want me to take your information, it’s totally cool, have a nice day, it was good seeing you.” Don’t let cold market push you around.